The Grand National 2018 – Your guide to fashion at the races….
Its race season, and that can only mean one thing. It’s time to plan those ladies days out, hen parties and family get togethers, and what better than a day at the races. There’s glamour, excitement and fashion.
We have put together some of our key tips on what we think will be on trend for the Grand National 2018, looking at key fashion items, colours and not forgetting the all-important fascinator or hatinator, a must for any race day.
When it comes to the races, over doing it is not an option, it’s a canvas to go bold, vibrant, colourful and quirky while keeping it classy. There is no official dress code for the Grand National, but come on, you are going to the races, think smart and conservative, but remember no sportswear or fancy dress is permitted.
In some race meetings there are strict dress codes depending on the enclosure you are in, always check this prior, this can involve a certain size hat/fascinator or length of dress, so it’s important to check beforehand to avoid any embarrassment on the day.
Aintree is one of the most photographed events, with ladies spending months planning outfits in advance, ladies day being the pinacle, with the hope of being crowned the best dressed lady and bagging yourself thousands of pounds worth of prizes.
To be on trend at the races this year, here are a few tips –
- Long below the knee dresses are in, with a lace finish giving a beautiful elegant, my fair lady look.
- Floaty hems and fringes, giving a wow factor.
- The pastels are back, so ice cream flavours, lemon, mint, strawberry with the most popular being lavender.
- Floral accessories are a must, in a scarf, clutch bag, shoe, earring and necklaces.
- If you are looking for an investment piece, polka dots are the way to go, for a totally classic look go for black and white, the perfect races look.
A fascinator or hatinator can absolutely transform an outfit, with crin being very popular this year. It’s fantastic for going big, but not heavy, it comfortable and light to wear, and gives a stunningly soft and elegant look.
We hope you have found our tips useful if planning your outfit for the races. So, enjoy the day and let’s hope the sun is shining down on you.
Please visit our shop to find your perfect Fascinator for the Grand National 2018 at Aintree.
Comments are closed